I Dare You
- In this episode, Carla is alone and taking over. God has given her some pipes, and she used to think it was terrible. Carla thought she would calm down, quiet down, but now she embraces it. Carla is going to break down all the Reps in her life to share how she’s got 10 to where she is. As a kid, she remembers being loud. Kids would dare her to do things. People started to tear her down, Carl you’re loud, Carly you’re ugly, Carly you’re too thin. She suffered severe mental and physical abuse. She didn’t want to live.
- She drugged herself a few times because she didn’t feel she had with the other kids had. She was getting beat down left, and right she decided to go on stage. No one understood what it took for her to go to the gym. No one sees the emotional shit you go through. People looked at her at the gym as a beast. But competing used to be a significant part of her life. But she still saw so much ugliness in herself. Doing the shows wasn’t a big deal as far as the diet and exercise were concerned.
- She had an eating disorder when she was younger because she wanted to feel the pain. She didn’t realize competing would be another form of pain. The first show she struggled, prepping and dieting was easy. On the way to the show, she was either going to punch AZ for not turning the car around or punch the dashboard. She hit the dashboard and broke it, and she didn’t talk to AZ. She showed up to her show, so scared and she knew she was going to be judged by everyone in the room and everyone on social media. She ended up winning and went home and cried.
The Pro Card
She couldn’t appreciate the win. She felt she wasn’t good enough and decided to go to another show. She just kept going, something drove her, and it wasn’t paying. The same thing happened at every show she lacked confidence. She did damage at the hotel before going onstage because she thought she was a piece of shit. She placed 6th out of a hundred people. After the show, she went back to the hotel depressed.
She didn’t understand why she was doing the shows why she was asking herself why. She just kept doing show after show, showing up the same, no change. Showed up to her last show, prayed until her knees bled. Pray that something would be revealed to her in the final show. But something hard had her as she went to the stage with confidence, compassion, and love. She never felt it before went onstage confident and happy, and she won her Pro card. She went back to her till and told herself she still wasn’t good enough. But she didn’t stay in the darkness long. She missed a photo shoot because it wasn’t about that for her she went home and got numerous messages on social media and her phone and thank everyone.
She woke up a few weeks later and started building something great with the voice telling her to keep going. Created groups for women. And videos to work out. She had to be all-in she didn’t want to make videos or sell protein powder. She got a pro card to be heard to speak loudly and share her life. Little by little getting all these reps in listening to the voice she kept going.
- That one person always stops you. They see your growth, your passion and they want to grab you back. If they trigger you, it will keep you from reaching your potential. If you’re going to be all in you, need to be all in. Carla has suffered through failed businesses and a failing marriage. She shared it all and removed all the fear from it. As Carla began to create fitness videos for her agents; Carla started to see the positive change in them. She was part of that, she created something more significant and is making a difference today.
- She chose her happiness; she won’t let anyone live that for her. You don’t know her, why she’s loud, she is the only one. The only fucking Carla Araujo. You don’t tell her how to live. Carla has always had a tight bond with God, still talking to him. Would never wish what happened to her as a child on anybody, God was her only friend people were always telling her she couldn’t get baptized because she cussed and how she dressed. Someone said to her that relationship her relationship with God was her. She is thankful for that person. She would tell God when she was younger, praying to him that her pain would go away. All the physical and mental. She could always talk to him; he saved her. Every time she tried to end it all, she lived. He gave her life for a reason.
- She couldn’t appreciate the win. She felt she wasn’t good enough and decided to go to another show. She just kept going, something drove her, and it wasn’t paying. The same thing happened at every show she lacked confidence. She did damage at the hotel before going onstage because she thought she was a piece of shit. She plays 6 out of a hundred people. After the show, she went back to the hotel depressed.
- She didn’t understand why she was doing the shows why she was asking herself why. She just kept doing show after show, showing up the same, no change. Showed up to her last show, prayed until her knees bled. Prayed that God would show her something at her final show. But something hard had her as she went to the stage with confidence, compassion, and love. She never felt it before.
- She knew she was supposed to create a space to share him, to give more of herself. There was a purpose behind it, don’t fear life. It’s time to find your purpose and give more than you’re giving. Share this podcast with you. Carla is going solo on this podcast, have a great fucking weekend.
- Subscribe rate and review this podcast by going to www.dothework.com